Pediatric ENT/Otolaryngologist


This piece of your puzzle specializes in diseases of the ear, nose, and throat of children. He/She may also be called a pediatric otologist or a pediatric ENT doctor. Once again, be sure that you have a pediatric ENT, not just a general ENT – this is important because pediatric otologists will know how to best work with your child. By federal regulation, he/she must examine your child to rule out any medical complications before you purchase a hearing aid. An ENT should check your child periodically. Some of these doctors also dispense hearing aids. Beginnings SC can help with getting information from, and giving information to, your ENT so that everyone involved with your child is aware of the “big picture.”