Speech Language Pathologist


A Speech Language Pathologist specializes in the diagnosis and habilitation of speech and language issues. He/She may meet with your child on a regular basis to work on the fine points of speech and language development and speech correction. He/She will explain how you can help with your child’s speech and language development. Most states require the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) certified licensing of these professionals. It is best for your child’s Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) to have experience working with children who are deaf and hard of hearing because they will be an important piece in your child’s life and yours. Beginnings SC will help you obtain information from your SLP, while also helping you to provide the information they give you to others so that everyone involved is aware of all necessary information.