- SC Hands and Voices – There is no replacement for the support of another parent that has experienced life with a deaf or hard of hearing child.
- SC AG Bell
- Family Connection – State-wide family support network
- ProParents –
- BabyNet – The single point of entry for families birth-3 whose child has, or is suspected of having, a delay. Please call toll-free 1-800-868-0404.
- Department of Disabilities and Special Needs (DDSN) – If your child is between the ages of 3 and 6 and meets the screening criteria, he/she might be eligible for additional early intervention and/or speech-language therapy. Please call toll-free 1-800-289-7012.
- South Carolina Association of the Deaf (SCAD) – SC affiliate of the National Association of the Deaf, which advocates and informs people impacted by hearing loss.
- Hearing Loss Association of America Midlands Chapter (HLAA Midlands Chapter) – provides assistance and resources for people with hearing loss and their families and co-workers to learn how to adjust to living with hearing loss.
- Let SC Hear –
- First Sound – SC’s Newborn Hearing Screening program
- South Carolina Vocational Rehabilitation – through school-to-work transition services, prepares and assists eligible high school students with a hearing loss who are thinking about their future and are looking for assistance to succeed in the job market after graduation
- Described and Captioned Media Program – an online lending library of captioned materials, described materials for people with vision loss, and sign language media to learn to sign, practice skills or increase your deaf child’s vocabulary
- Hands and Voices – a national model for parent-to-parent support between parents with children that have a hearing loss
- American Society for Deaf Children
- Hearing Aid Cleaning and Care (Thank you to Girl Scout Troop #1519 for suggesting this great resource!)
- Reading and Understanding Your Child’s Audiogram – an audiogram is a visual representation of an individual’s hearing; learn how to read them here through interactives
- What Should You Do if Your Deaf or Hard of Hearing Child is Bullied?
- Bullying and Hearing Loss: How to Help Your Child Become more Resilient
Links checked on 9-16-2016. Please contact us with any links to add or correct.